BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Person for a day




  If I could be any person for just one day, I would choose to be Carlos Slim Helu. In the year 2010, Carlos has been listed the richest man alive. Carlos Slim is a Mexican tycoon who has built an entire empire to amass $53.5 billion in fortune. He own's some of Mexico's biggest department stores, telecoms operator, hotels, restaurants, oil drilling, building firms, and the list goes on. For the past half century, he has built up his empire pretty well. It's not very often that you get the name of being the richest man in the world. He believes in working for his money, and that is exactly what he has done for the past decades. 

 Carlos is now seventy years old, with no plans to retire he says. His mind as been set on money ever since he was eleven, when he invested in bonds and then in the years that followed invested more money in the larges bank in Mexico. Carlos went to school and was just somewhat of your average teenage kid. At the age of twenty six Carlos received his civil engineering degree and working fourteen hours a day to build his own stock broking company, and by that time, he was already sitting on forty million dollars. Having billions of dollars just sitting in a bank account, would tempt anybody just to go out and spend it. There is no way that any person can get rid of all that money.

 Through his sprawling empire of more than two hundred companies, he says he has "lost count" on how many banks, retail, airlines, mining, printing, construction, restaurants particularly telecoms he has developed over the years. With three teenage sons, he likes to sit at home, smoke a cigar, and lecture his children on economic lessons. If I had the money I sure wouldn't be at home talking my head off to my kids about world issues. I would probably be vacationing in Paris, buying out all the stores. But, that's just me. He likes to stay up late reading history books. His Mexico City home has six bedrooms, and a small swimming pool.

 Being the richest man alive, you would think, he would own the biggest mansion with thirty rooms, and twenty nine bathrooms, and a huge swimming pool. I guess he chooses to spend his money wisely. If I could be Carlos Slim I would probably have no worry in the world. With all that money, you could do anything you really wanted to. I would ask him how does it feel to be the richest man in the world? Does he sometimes take the title of being the richest man in the world for granted?

With billions of dollars I would spend it on a huge house, maybe a few cars. I would also buy my family members a place to live. Give money to charities around the world. Having all the money would make me pretty happy. Although they say money doesn't buy happiness, it does for the moment.

0 comments: