BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My sophomore year



 Sophomore year was like a roller coaster for me personally, and academically. This past year I have learned from a lot of people. I did things I thought I would never do, I took risks, met new people, and learned to take things more serious. Over the past year my life has changed so much. Out of all the years I can honestly say my sophomore year was the year that I will remember forever.

My sophomore year at Atrisco was chaotic to say the least. Everyday was a challenge for me I guess you could say. I wake up every morning at five thirty, drag my butt out of bed and get ready to learn something new. Classes were difficult. I tried my best to keep up my grades. I look back on it now, and wish I would have applied myself more to my school work, and would've been more focused. But that is something I know that  I will definitely do next year. This is my last year at Atrisco, and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to come here. 

About half way threw the year I knew that I needed a change. Things here were not how I wanted them to be. I found myself alone with nobody really there for me, and that's when I decided to move schools. In the past few months I have grown super close with three people here. Tomorrow is the last day, and man it kills me that I won't be seeing these people everyday. Matthew, Eliud and Ashlee, I cannot thank you three enough for bringing happiness and joy to my life, without you guys I wouldn't have anything. It's time for a fresh new start though,  with all new people. In the end, I know that it will be better for me.   

If I were to look back to the beginning of my sophomore year, I would see that I have changed tremendously. I have grown a lot stronger. Not physically but mentally. I have now learned that you can't depend on others to make you happy, you have to find it in yourself. I've learned to be more carefree about things. You can't always take life so serious, every once in awhile you have to smile. The most important thing I have learned is you can't always stay stuck in past, you have to let go and continue to move up in life.  

Tenth grade was the year of maturity, and growing. There are so many memories that I will never forget. I wish things would have worked out different but everything happens for a reason. I would not take anything back, I don't have one regret. I have taken the good things and bad things that have happened to me and I have turned them into life learned lessons.

I know as life goes on will achieve my goals and be someone great. I will prove people wrong. I will teach myself how to fight through all the tough times. I will laugh, cry, scream, and smile. I will fall in and out of love. Tomorrow is not a guarantee, so be thankful to wake up in the morning and have another day here.

Mr. Leh, thank you so much for being an amazing teacher. You have truly taught me so much this past year. You have taught me to look at life in a different way. To cease the day, and be thankful for the life you have. The lessons you have taught me, I will forever remember.








0 comments: