BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Wisdom Quotation



"As you grow older, life seems to get a little tougher."

 Every person has their story. Mine's has always been simple. I grow up as a kid,being messy, being told "No! Don't do that!" millions of times a day. Then before I know it, I'm sixteen years old, in high school trying to make something of myself. I could remember being in kindergarden, painting pictures of my house, with the sloppy green paint for grass. Years pass, now I'm in middle school. Seventh grade, learning how to write essays. Few more years pass, and I stand here. Sophomore, sixteen years old, getting myself prepared for college. It's amazing how fast life passes you by. Sixteen years of my life, has gone by.

As you grow older, more mature, life seems to throw many obstacles your way, that are both good, and bad. You somehow have to find it in yourself to overcome the problems you go through in life. Being that I am only a teenager, I feel I have been through a lot, but I know as I continue to grow older, things will only get tougher.

 If today was my last day on earth, I would probably find every person who made my life worth living, sit them down, and tell them how much they mean to me, and thank them for everything. For making me the person I am today. It may take me awhile, but I know that I couldn't just leave without saying goodbye. If today was my last day, I would look myself in the mirror, and be proud of who I have become so far.

Everything I have learned to this day I would want to tell it to someone younger than me, so they won't make the same mistakes I did. My three little cousin's for example. The ages of eleven, seven, and six. They are getting older, and as they do, they somehow get this image in their head that all that really matters is being "pretty, and popular", and that's not the case. I would tell them to be a kid as long as you can. Be messy, run around, and make your grandparents crazy. I see them, and they want to put on makeup, wear cute little dresses with high heels, have a boyfriend, and a cell phone, and money all the time. And that's exactly what I wanted when I was at that age.

I'm there now. I have the makeup, the boyfriend, the cell phone, the money, the car, and it's not anything to brag about. Having all this stuff isn't what it's all about. It's about being yourself, and not having everything "cool". You don't need all that stuff to be pretty, or seem normal. I would tell them to never let anyone or any magazine tell them how they should be or how they should look.

As I sit here typing this essay, I can only think of what is most important right now. It's my education. I have learned so much in the past sixteen years, that I would want to share it with as many people as I can. Tell them that learning is pretty much everything. I would say, "you need to go to school" that is where you will either make something of yourself, or won't be anything at all.

If today was my last day, and I was granted one wish, it would be to be a kid again. Because life doesn't get any easier as you grow older.

0 comments: