BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Betrayal


The definition is betrayal for me is simply, breaking faith, and fail to meet hopes. Someone who betrays another person is untrustworthy. If you make a promise to someone and go against your word, that is betrayal. Trust is a hard thing to just give someone, and it's even harder to handle when someone breaks that trust. Over the years I have learned that people are not always who they say they are. I am a forgiving, very open-minded, and open-hearted, and because of this I have been taken advantage of many times. The people who I thought were my friends, cheated off of me in class, and at times I found myself ending up hurt over a friend that simply didn't want anything to do with me after wards. Being that I have been betrayed over the years, I find it hard to let anyone come close to me now. On the outside you will always see that smile on my face, that lets everyone know that I am okay, but on the inside I feel alone. If I take the time to get to know someone and trust them, sooner or later I find myself right back where I started. Being that I am only sixteen years old, these teenage years is where you start falling in love, having best friends, going out to parties, doing things you shouldn't and I am there right now. I thought I had everything perfect. Two beautiful best friends and that "perfect boyfriend". Promises were made, and of course as time went on, I find myself growing distant from the three most important people in my life. Those two girls I called "best friends just kind of stopped talking to me, and I guess abandoned, and because I started hanging out with them, I lost a relationship I had with a girl who I was best friends with since kindergarden, Ashlee Dominguez. She was like my sister. I then found myself not going to lunch because I was alone. They were all I had, and pretty much the only people I talked to. I know I shouldn't of made a big deal out of it. I should of just got over it, and moved on. I then turned to the only person I felt that I had left, and that was my boyfriend. He became pretty much everything to me. We promised each other to always be there no matter what. I put my full effort into our relationship. Over time, nothing is what it seemed to be. Things began to fall apart. I knew we weren't going to make it. We ended what we had. Weeks had past, and the feeling of regret, betrayal, and hurtfulness got the best of me. I talked to my mom about even moving schools. I had been unhappy with everything for months. Nothing ever went as I wanted it to. Day after day, all I could think about was how stupid I was to trust these people, and how much I was letting it get the best of me. Finally, I decided that I wasn't going to let "betrayal" bring me down. I put all the issues behind me, and made the decision that I was going to move on. No more making myself miserable. No more living in the past. I now stand here, satisfied with all the decision s I made. I have built back up that relationship with Ashlee, and we are closer than ever. And as for the boyfriend, we are trying to work out our differences, and try again. Over the past six months, my life has changed. I've lost a lot of the happiness I had, but at the same time, I have found happiness. I have learned that you can only hold grudges for so long. Betrayal harbors empty hopes. If your not strong enough, it will get the best of you, and I learned that the hard way. As I sit here writing this blog, I think "outside the box" and see everything for what it really is. I see that I have an amazing life. I look past all the stupid things I was put through, and how important it is, to stay true to yourself, and your beliefs. Don't ever let anyone change who you are. 



0 comments: